Fiber optic cables are one of a kind of telecommunication equipment which transmit data like others. What different fiber optic cables have is that its speed and the mode it uses to get the data travel. Fiber optic cables carry communication signals using pulses of light generated by small lasers and LEDs.
He ‘trans’ in which data is transferred are typically smaller in diameter than a human hair. The center of each strand is called the core, which provides the pathway for light to travel. The core is encompassed by a layer of glass called cladding that reflects light inwards to maintain a strategic distance from loss of flag and enable the light to go through curves in the link.
Following are list of manufacturers who construct the fiber optic cable.
- E-Systemizer– E-Systemizers manufacture the Fiber Optic Telecom and Networking products and provide all sort of solutions to meet the customer’s requirement. The ISO certification for E-Systemizers adds more credibility, by representing that our product or service meets the expectations of our customers. We are operating from Delhi office with the highly-qualified, expert and dedicated engineers and technicians. Our aim is to provide the best quality products with innovation and state-of-the-art initiative in the field of the latest technology.
E-systemizer has started dealing online post-2014, prior to that they were just operating offline and they have quite a goodwill. Their online work is also going great and they provide wonderful services as well.
They have their head office established at Sonipat, Haryana. However, they operated from Delhi as well.
9.RPG Cables– RPG cables are well known as a manufacturer of cables. They were established in the year 1959 having their headquarter in Mumbai, Maharashtra. RPG also have its branches in Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Banglore, Hyderabad, Pune, and Baroda.
Their manufacturing units are placed at Vadodara, Silvassa, and Mysore. They have more than 1000 working employees employed. RPGhave a dealer network spread across the country and consistently expanding the network through new partners. Over 20% of their business is through exports.
You can visit the website for more info.
8.SHILPI CABLE TECHNOLOGIES LTD.– This is also a very good name when it comes to talking about fiber optic cable manufacturer. They manage to get a profit around 27 cr. Every year.
The company established in 2006, operating from Delhi and its headquarter at the same place. Shilpi Cable technology has its 2 units in Bhiwadi Rajasthan and each in Mathigiri, Aurangabad, Bahadurgarh.
Please visit their website for more info.
- GUPTA POWER INFRASTRUCTURE LTD.-They were established in the year 1961. One of their recent development is fire survival cables for power cable segment. It’s headquarter is located in Bhubaneswar, Orrisa.
Gupta power infrastructure has its register office in Kolkata and marketing offices at Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai and few more cities.
They have 500 employees employed and installed capacity of 1,44,000kmsof cables per month. This company believes in working together that’s why they have many joint ventures, one of them is with Mercury Cables, USA towards manufacturing specialized HVCRC conductors, an innovation slated to change the face of power transmission for the better.
- KEI INDUSTRIES LTD.- Established in the year 1968, headquarter is in New Delhi. Their recent developments are mentioned on their website. They have quite a good turnover as well, say more than 1500cr.
KEI have its manufacturing units at Bhiwadi, Chopanki, and Silvassa.
You can visit their website for more info.
- DIAMOND POWER INFRASTRUCTURE LTD.-Established in the year 1970. They have their headquarter in Vadodara, Gujarat.
Diamond power also has its branches registered at Mumbai, Delhi, Surat, Banglore, Ahmedabad, Indore, Chennai and also have three manufacturing units in Vadodara.
They have employees strength of about 2000. The number of new developments mentioned on the website.
- RR KABEL- Established in the year 1995.
Headquarter is in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The Company has added a larger size of cable in Copper and Aluminum as their new development.
RR Kabel has 2 of its manufacturing units at Silvassa and 1 is in Vadodara.
The number of employees employed are 1050.
- HAVELLS INDIA LTD.- This is famous one among all I guess, coz we all must have seen the advertisement. It is established in the year 1971. Its headquarter is in Noida, UP.
Havells have its 11 plants located at Haridwar, Baddi, Noida, Sahibabad, Faridabad, Alwar, Neemrana and 7 world class manufacturing plants located in Europe, Latin, America, Africa, and China.
This is a very big brand which has employees strength about 65000 in over 50 countries.
2.FINOLEX CABLES LTD.Established in the year 1958 and have it’s headquartered in Pune, Maharashtra. Moreover, they have their 25 branches across India.
Finolex has its 10 manufacturing units place at Pimpri, Urse, Verna, Roorkee. They have employees strength of about 2000.
This is a renowned company in the field of optical fiber cable manufacturing. There are much more things to it please visit the website.
- POLYCAB WIRES LTD. – This is the greatest name among all above mentioned. They were established in the year 1968 and its headquarter is in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Polycab has its branches as well, in Delhi, Chandigarh, Noida, Lucknow, Jaipur, Guwahati, Kolkata, Orissa, Patna, Ranchi, Ahmedabad, Indore, Pune, Raipur, Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, Secunderabad.
They have about 16 manufacturing with the employee strength of 7,968.
Polycab is also interested in the joint ventures but hasn’t been into one yet.
It’s 2013-14 net worth is about 1,362.1 cr.
You can visit the website for more info.
So, this is the list with largest manufacturers of Fiber optic cables in India.